5 Reasons We Need Regular Winter Pedicures
1. Because they are enclosed in shoes all day during the winter months, your feet are more prone
to accumulating calluses and corns. Not only do they look unattractive but they can also cause problems and pain. Therefore, exfoliation is one of the most important aspects of a pedicure. Regular pedicures will keep corns and calluses at bay and keep feet smooth all year, improving overall foot health.
2. Regular trimming and filing will ensure strong, healthy nails and can't prevent many problems. This is especially important for runners and exercise enthusiasts.
3. Promote healthier skin and joints. Our pedicures always begin with a spa foot soak to soften the skin and promote circulation in your lower leg, ankle and feet while disinfecting your feet. This will increase circulation and reduce pain and possibly swelling in your feet from sitting, standing and walking all day.
4. Relax and relieve stress. Massaging your feet and lower legs loosens your muscles and helps with joint performance. The massage also helps with circulation of the foot and lower leg. Massage helps us relax and ease tight muscles, reduce swelling, and aids in improved joint mobility. The increased blood flow brings oxygen to the tissue in the feet and legs.
5. Be ready to throw on a pair of open toed shoes for that occasional but appreciated 65-70 degree winter day! And when spring comes you can be sure that your feet will be healthy and beautiful.